Agenda for March P30 CDAR Monthly Meeting
Host: Core A, Dr. Xiang-Qun (Sean) Xie, Dr. Lirong Wang, and Dr. Zhiwei Feng
Place: Salk Pavilion, CVS Conference Room
Date and Time: Friday, March 3, 2017, 2:30 – 4:30 pm
2:30 – 2:35 pm General Business for CDAR (Dr. Xie, Dr. Bahar, Dr. Xing, and Dr. Wu)
- Xie introduces Dr. Junmei Wang as a new faculty member of the CCGS Center.
- Bahar introduces our guest speaker, Dr. Howard Gutstein (see below).
2:35 – 3:55 pm Core A Monthly Report Update
Guest Speakers: Howard Gutstein, PhD (Peter and Eva Safar Professor and Chair, Dept. of Anesthesiology (SOM), UPitt)
Title of presentation: TBA Time: 35 min Talk + 25 min Q&A [2:35 – 3:35 pm]
Nanyi Wang (Master Student in Dr. Xie’s group, Pharmaceutical Sciences (SOP), UPitt ).
Title of presentation: “ProSelection: A novel program to pick optimal protein structure subsets for in silico target identification and drug discovery research.” Time: 15 min Talk + 5 min Q&A [3:35 – 3:55 pm]
3:55 – 4:30 pm CDAR Scientific Committee Meeting (Xie, Bahar, Xing, Wu, Wang, and McGuire)
- Discussion of P30 CDAR Joint Review Article ( Terry McGuire will present a draft of the Joint P30 Review article.)
- Other Business for CDAR Center
- New EAB Members
- Date of EAB Meeting
- Next monthly meeting – Core B
- REMINDER: Annual Progress Report is due June 1, 2017